By Tierney Angus, Joey Chini, Breanne Coulter, Justin Field and Matt Teixeira.
Most students at Humber College can register for Winter Semester classes starting at 9 a.m. on Nov. 19.
MyHumber introduced an easier way to register this past June.
The new “Plan” feature allows students to view and create a timetable ahead of the 9 a.m. registration rush. Historically, Humber students have faced slow loading times and website crashes from heavy traffic on registration day – the “Plan” process eliminates a few clicks.
Zack D. Deng, Humber Registration and Records Specialist, recommends students use the plan option to avoid extra stress.
“You can get everything set up before registration starts to avoid headaches,” Deng says.
April Periebe, second year Bachelor of Child and Youth Care student, finds registration simple.
“A week in advance they e-mail us with the schedule layout,” Periebe says. “The only one we have to find ourselves is our elective course.”
Students in course-based programs will benefit most from using the “Plan” feature. Without predetermined sections, desired time-slots fill up quickly. Planning ahead allows course-based students to select all required courses beforehand and enrol on registration day with just one click.
TIP: Before you register, go to MyHumber to pay your tuition deposit, check holds and make sure you have taken all prerequisites.
- Visit https://humber.ca/registration/ to check your program registration date.
- Log onto your MyHumber account and check the academic progress page to find what classes you need for the upcoming semester. Take note of course numbers (ex. JOUR 3600) and make a list of what classes you want to register for. (TIP: Click the course numbers and links on the academic progress page to view course codes and offered electives.)
- Visit the registration page on MyHumber, select Winter 2019 from the drop down menu and click “New Plan” (Student > Registration > Winter 2019 > New Plan.)
- Search by program name (first four letters of course number) and select your class from the list. Click “View Sections” and select your desired time slot.
- Check your schedule plan to make sure there are no conflicts.
- Name and save your plan.
- On registration day, click “Register for Classes” and select your saved plan.
Registration at Humber runs as late as the second week of the Winter 2019 semester for some programs.
For more information on registration and for PDF guides visit https://humber.ca/registration/.