If you’ve been thinking about getting a courtside seat to NBA All Star Weekend in Toronto, be prepared to shell out close to $30,000 Canadian. Though the events are guaranteed to make for a memorable experience, Skedline did the math to find out what the average person can buy instead of a ticket.
1. Pay off your entire tuition for an undergraduate degree, and then some.
2. Invest in a sports car like the Scion FR-S since it fits into your budget.
3. Get coffee from Tim Horton’s, every day, for 27 years.
4. If you were to work full time, daily, at minimum wage it would take about a year and two months to make the same amount.
5. That’s also 600 full tanks of gas.
6. Not many tickets left to watch Adele in concert across the U.S. and Canada. You can easily scoop up floor seats and pay air fare for yourself and a plus one.
7. Or go to Disney World for three months.
8. Maybe you’d rather stay home. Consider renting a small condo in downtown Toronto and $30k should last you more than a year.
9. Eat 750 servings of quality sushi.
10. Pop ten bottles of “lower end” Dom Perignon.
11. Adopt a dog, or 150.
12. Buy three of the same Dolce and Gabanna headphones Rihanna has, for you and your crew.
13. Fill 1500 people with a warm meal.
14. Snag 100 pairs of OVO Air Jordan 10s.
15. Or save it for 80 other tickets to watch the Maple Leafs.